Tuesday, February 1, 2011

To read the book or be the book.

I am so very much looking forward to the day when I can snuggle up and read with my little man.  I try to make reading a part of every day but he much prefers more active play.  When we do sit down with a book he likes to be in control.  He'll flick, throw, tear, point and sometimes, heartwarmingly, laugh.  He is too young, or maybe it is not in his nature to sit still long enough for me to turn more than one page or read aloud a line or two.

Yesterday I found us at a bit of a loose end in town.  I had intended to get a few errands done but silly me had left my wallet at home.  In search of something free to do out of the rain, Seb and I investigated the library for a couple of hours.  He was having a great time chasing after bigger kids and trying to distract them from their own reading.



He was also enjoying getting in amongst the books.  When my back was turned he cleared himself a spot and made himself comfortable.  I only wish I had managed to get my phone camera out quick enough to capture the cheeky grin on his face!

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous picture! He's obviously into books, just not for reading yet. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. i loved going to the state library (assume that's where you were) as a child. it was a massive treasure trove, it was like it was there just for me. recently i joined the library in canberra, i hadn't stepped foot in one since the state library in my late teens. it was the same feeling. so comforting!

    ReplyDelete