Friday, February 4, 2011

Time to dust the walking boots off...

After a very lovely morning cuppa and chat with a new friend and her little ones I found myself in the region of Kingston beach with a boy in need of a nap, a few hours to spare and my trusty ergo carrier. Being a lovely sunny day and having been reminded of the Alum cliffs walk during a recent conversation, I thought I would go for a wonder.


I don't know why, but I always forget about how many lovely spots there are in such close proximity to the "CBD" of Hobart.  Every time I venture out, I always vow to "reconnect with nature", "walk more often", "get more exercise", "take the good camera with me next time" etc.  But for some reason a cloud of amnesia floats over, everyday life takes over and my token stroll through nature remains just that.

I am hoping that by blog pledging to go for at least a 1 hour walk through nature once a week I shall stick to it!  I really hope I do, as with a views like this to gaze out upon out there it shall be good for the soul and bad for the cobwebs!


Any suggestions for lovely short walks in Southern Tasmania (do-able whilst carrying a small person) would be very welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment